Wasta 12 and Ubuntu 12
When Installing Wasta, you can choose the Cameroon keyboard as your default keyboard. In this way, the Cameroon Keyboard will work “out of the box”. If you want to add additional keyboards, such as French or English, follow the commands below.
Activate the appropriate XIM keyboards
- Open System settings.
- Under System Settings or System Settings-Cinnamon, open Regional Settings.
- This will display the Regional Settings dialogue, click the Keyboard Layouts Tab.
- On the Keyboard Layouts tab, click the “+” sign in the bottom-left corner.
- This opens the Choose a Layout dialogue. Type “cam” in the search box and choose the keyboard you want to add. Click Add.
- You will return to the Keyboard Layouts tab and your new Keyboard will be listed.
- Click Options… and you will see the Keyboard Layout Options dialogue.
- Click the Triangle next to Key(s) to change layout and choose an option. I suggest Left Alt+Left Shift, the same as Windows.
- If you select a keyboard and click the icon, you can see the current layout.
- Click Close and Close to exit both windows.
- You can now switch keyboards by pressing Left Alt and Left Shift at the same time. Alternately, you can click on the Flag near the Clock and choose a new keyboard.